Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fran

WOD:
"Fran"
21-15-9 reps of
95# Thruster
Pullups

My PR on this one was 8:35. Last time, I managed a horrible 13 minutes. I was hung over and tired, and it showed. This time, however, I pulled it off in 8:06! wOOt!

Finished up with a bunch of ab work:

15 GHD situps w/15 pound dumbell
15 ab-mat crunches
15 knees-to-elbows
15 hanging leg raises
15 swiss-ball situps
15 incline situps w/25 pound plate

Went to the doc yesterday, and he poked and prodded at my toe, and decided it was either a case of overuse arthritis or possibly gout. In either case, the treament is the same, and he set me up with Advil's buddy Indomethacin. Imagine if Advil had a big brother that spent all his time in the gym lifting heavy things and shootin' roids - that'd be Indomethacin. Yesterday, I was barely able to drive home - I was doing all sorts of creative driving with the parking brake, left footing the gas, etc. and I had to nearly crawl up the front steps.

Today, I got outta bed, was able to put shoes on with no pain, and was sorta able to walk. Better living through chemistry!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home