Thursday, July 17, 2008

Arms of... rubber!

So last night, I started on the hundred pushups plan. 5 rounds of pushups with 60 seconds of rest between each set. Rep count was 10, 10, 8, 8, and then to failure. Then I get to work, check the crossfit main page, and the WOD is this beast:

Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
15 Push-ups
12 Ring dips
115 pound Push-press, 9 reps


I ripped through round one, and it went great. I went to do the pushup portion of round 2, and realized I was in grave trouble... I managed 5 rounds in 20 minutes, and in the end I'm pretty happy with that.

While I was grunting out inelegant reps, it occurred to me that the relatively basic periodization schedule in the hundred pushups plan would probably work pretty well for pullups, too, so I did the same cycle on pullups today. It didn't go as smoothly as last nights pushups, but I suspect 100 pullups might be possible...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home