Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Doin' Grace

"Grace"

135 pound Clean and Jerk, 30 reps

Before I did this WOD, I watched a video of Greg Amundson doing it in like 2:30. I figured 10 minutes would be long enough - 4x his time. How hard could 30 reps in 10 minutes be?

Hard.

I got a lotta funny looks from a dude on the leg extension machine from all of my grunting and talking to myself. ("C'mon, three more and you're done") CrossFit WODs tend to garner a lot of funny looks anyway, but this dude was positively perplexed at what I was doing. :)

I managed to bring it in at 8:41, which made me happy. I figure I can probably get it to 8:00 without too much trouble now that I know what to expect. I could probably clean 135 pounds 30 times in about 4 minutes, but a clean and jerk adds a lot to the exercise. At first, I found it a very odd feeling, having not done a lot of them. But towards the end, I started to really feel the power of the jerk - it seems like I could throw a lot more up in the air if I could clean it. A split landing helps a lot too - it helped me actually drop under the bar, as opposed to pushing it up like a push press.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home